1. 1. Did you operate on FD2020?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How did you operate?

• Portable alone
    • Portable with club
    • Remote into club setup
    • Home alone
  3. 3. All things considered: good experience or bad?

• Had a great time
    • No difference from previous years
    • Did not enjoy this year

• Administrator

How did you fare during Field Day 2020? Did you meet up? Did you operate portable? Did you go 1D?

As for myself, we ended up in the field. I operated with the Randalstown/NIH group at Washington Monument State Park. We operated under N3IC as a 3A. We practiced mask-wearing, most of us, anyway. We did have one rogue, but he was respectful of distancing. I feel confident that we were safe.

Setup-wise, I attempted to setup my 40-meter, four-element, wire beam but I was not as successful as I would have hoped. Many lessons learned for next year 🥴

FD2020 - 1.png

Tried something new. The video was just an impulse at the last minute. Elecraft K1 with 9AHr battery, Navy Flameproof key, 77 ft random end fed with 14ft counterpoise - near end is about 10 ft up, center is 18 ft up and far end is about 4 ft up. 30 contacts.

Since the video was a very hasty afterthought, I had to steal the audio track from https://youtu.be/J5JKCPoZGKs.

• Like | Congratulations 1

• Administrator

Hey Lind. At least you got out and tried a new setup. Good on ya! I think that in our case, we were a little over-ambitious considering the circumstances. It was a hot, tough, long day. Next year I'm thinking of goin 1C and operating from my car alone. To be decided and continued...