WN3R Remote Station

WN3R

• Elmer

WN3R

I started trying to remote my Frederick HF station back in 2006. I was way ahead of the technology. Just a few years ago, I was finally successful in duplicating my local operating style remotely from Rockville.

The "Frederick" remote station consists of the following: Elecraft K3, KAT500 - ATU, and KPA500 Amplifier, RemoteRig, PC + TEAMVIEWER, and Green Heron Everywhere system.
The "Rockville" remote operating position consists of the following: Elecraft K3/0, Laptop, second monitor, CW paddle, headset, RemoteRig, and TEAMVIEWER - Remote Desktop software.

Antennas: 160M inverted "L", 80M sloping dipole fed with Ladder Line (Multiband), 40M dipole, Tribander, 6M beam, and 40M 4-square.

73, Dick, WN3R

7E34CE14-1320-4697-880D-335AFF2D2C2E.jpeg

F149959D-850D-4796-8AFE-6DE872A141B7.jpeg

B4B3E384-CF28-47D9-8B2E-C45D5D1F638E.jpeg

• Like | Congratulations 1

• Administrator

17 hours ago, WN3R said:

WN3R

I started trying to remote my Frederick HF station back in 2006. I was way ahead of the technology. Just a few years ago, I was finally successful in duplicating my local operating style remotely from Rockville.

The "Frederick" remote station consists of the following: Elecraft K3, KAT500 - ATU, and KPA500 Amplifier, RemoteRig, PC + TEAMVIEWER, and Green Heron Everywhere system.
The "Rockville" remote operating position consists of the following: Elecraft K3/0, Laptop, second monitor, CW paddle, headset, RemoteRig, and TEAMVIEWER - Remote Desktop software.

Antennas: 160M inverted "L", 80M sloping dipole fed with Ladder Line (Multiband), 40M dipole, Tribander, 6M beam, and 40M 4-square.

73, Dick, WN3R

Short and long version of my answer: "Wow!" Very elegant solutions and clearly state-of-the-art equipment both for now and for 2006. Being an antenna person, I'm particularly attracted to your antennas and the controller. I assume you're using the Green Heron antenna switching box... Also, do you have back up power and, if so, kind/duration?

Thanks for the amazing images. Very clear and informative.

• Elmer

In 2006, I was trying to remote a Yaesu FT-1000MP and then an IC-706 when the RemoteRig system was first introduced.

The house is powered by a 25KW generator attached to a 1000 gallon LP tank. Antenna switching includes the Array Solutions Six-PAC and a couple of remote coax switches which are powered through coax. I added a few small relays with binary logic to save on Green Heron devices.