Virginia QSO Party 2020

K3MRI

• Administrator

I'm wondering who is going to take part in the Virginia QSO Party... My little gang is, that's for sure.

Last year was a blast, and the weather was perfect. Here's hoping the weather is good this year. This said, the band conditions on 20m and 40m, as I recall, were as bad as could be.

Anyone?

virginia-county-map.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well Bill, slight change of plans. Looks like we will not be going around the state in the expedition category. We're going to be setting up in a fixed location. We won't be as much 'fun' to talk to, but we'll still be on air!

• Administrator

8 hours ago, KN4YQZ said:

Any details? I will be in north western Virginia March 13 - 20.  I am only pushing 3w on my HT though.  

Well, it looks like we - the expedition gang - are going to be calling it off for this year. We initially decided to not go 'expedition' and set up in @KW4TO's farm, but it's looking more and more like everyone will just operate independently from home. Depending on my situation at home, I may operate mobile. I have HF in the car and if I'm alone driving around, I don't imagine there will be much danger of contamination. My prediction, however, is that there will be far more people in the contest than in previous years because of the growing number of people who are working from home and he fact that many of the conflicting weekend activities will likely be cancelled!