Shooting Ducks in Residential Area

WA2WMR

• Administrator

You're getting mighty good there Mr. Lind!! Impressed.

This said, the title threw me for a loop 😬 I was afraid to click on it 😧

You have at least two money shots in there, and two more that would have been insane if not for minor glitches. So far, of all your series, this is the one that best shows your expertise and eye. If you come to the breakfast on Saturday, I'll go through them with you but, truly, very very good series!!!!

The great thing is lots and lots of ducks and shooting opportunities.

The not so great thing is the backgrounds - the bridge and a marina on one side and a pier on the other. 

Then there are the swans from one session in another area. We were dressed in white painters coveralls with a group of decoys about 30 yds ahead of us. Not very much wind so they passed us by, but one nearsighted swan actually landed in the middle of our group before he realized we weren't swans. Couldn't aim the camera at him but did whip the camera around 90 degrees on the tripod and did a "spray and pray". Got several shots of him from the back trying to take off.

Then there are still the video clips that I can play with. Had two sessions doing videos.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

• Like | Congratulations 1

• Administrator

Hey Lind. Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to show off one of your money shots so I added one of your photos to your post. If you'd rather remove it, no worries.

The one I uploaded tells a magnificent story.

• 1 year later...

I just realized that the in-focus section of water under the five ducks in the top picture, for a fast half second, gives the impression that ducks are creating a down draft similar to that of a helicopter.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

2 hours ago, WA2WMR said:

Jim, 

Perhaps I should crop the top of the picture to just above the tip of the wing of the top duck to enhance the "downdraft" idea.

Not IMHO. I would leave it absolutely as is. Truly one of your best money-shots ever.