N7BUP

My 1963 Technician Station

Picture is probably from a few years later.  Heathkit Seneca, National NC-125 with Ameco convertor.  The antenna on the roof of my parents' house was a 4 element beam.

Phil  N7BUP  ex-WA8KBD

wa8kbd station.png

• Like 1

EXPERT ELMER

Hi Phil. So cool to see these old photos of us in our more bushy eyed years!! Heathkit Seneca... I had one that my sister decided was too ugly and decided one night, I kid not, to paint all the blue parts bright bright bright pink. She did a great job! She even took the trouble of laying down a white primer base. I should have kept it; it might have had some humor value at club meets.

Wow!  A pink Seneca would've been quite something.  I really enjoyed my Seneca, but only used it on 6M since I had no antenna or receive convertor for 2M.  But there was plenty of 6M activity on 6M in central Ohio back then, so I was quite content even when the band was closed.

Phil

Hey Phil, nice photo and shack! My first exposure to radio was actually CB Citizen Band radio with my Astatic D-104 mic 🙂 I actually had a base station in the 3rd floor of our home in Upper Montclair, NJ with vertical Shakespeare Big Stick antenna mounted to the chimney. It wasn't Ham Radio, but it was a start.

Mike_Montclair_1272.jpg

• Like 1