Ham MD license plate renewal

K3MRI

• Administrator

Hi. I have a question. I just got my car license plate renewal from MD MVA. I received it by email. It still has my old license number (pre ham callsign). I went online and the MVA portal has no checkbox or any mention of the callsign license plate. Does anyone know how to actually renew it in MD?

Thanks!!

On 1/29/2020 at 6:31 AM, K3MRI said:

Hi. I have a question. I just got my car license plate renewal from MD MVA. I received it by email. It still has my old license number (pre ham callsign). I went online and the MVA portal has no checkbox or any mention of the callsign license plate. Does anyone know how to actually renew it in MD?

Thanks!!

Hi Jim,  just renew as usual to the underlying registration number and attach the stickers to the ham license plate when they arrive.  Dave KB3RAN

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

Just now, KB3RAN said:

Hi Jim,  just renew as usual to the underlying registration number and attach the stickers to the ham license plate when they arrive.  Dave KB3RAN

Thanks Dave. I was just wondering about that $10 extra. Maybe that was just a one time? I'M GOING TO JAIL, I KNOW IT!! 😩

• Administrator

Well, I went online and paid it. Now let's see if they wake up and charge me the Amateur Radio portion. To be continued...