Christmas Tree Lighting

WA2WMR

Has anyone in their past had real, lit, candles on a live Christmas tree. For 8 or 9 years of my first marriage we had candles along with twinkle lights on the tree. Now THAT was spectacular. And the interesting thing was that at the end of each holiday season, I tried to set the tree on fire with one of the candles and couldn't. The best I could manage was to cause the needles to shrivel up. 

But you needed the right tree. It had to be kind of open. Full trees didn't allow the space candles needed and they weren't strong enough; Christmas tree candles are very HEAVY. And, unlike most ornaments stand on top of the branch rather than hang under it,. 

This is not a pic of any of my trees - they were accidentally thrown away during a house cleaning binge. Got this from the internet, but it does show the type of tree needed.

9ddaec2d302d6b5c7039df326b2fab75--german-christmas-traditions-candle-lit.jpg

• Administrator

You know, now that I think about it, I've never even seen a tree with candles. I obviously know that it was how they were once lit, but nope, never had one and never seen one. Imagine that...