Welcome W3TTT

HCStaff01

• Administrator

Hey Ham Community, welcome our new member: W3TTT,

On behalf of all members, welcome to Ham Community. We encourage you to browse around and get to know the Community's many sections. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, as with all things HAM, we all love to give advice 😎

For everyone's information, W3TTT joined on the 10/08/19.

Here is W3TTT's profile link: View Member

W3TTT, why not tell us a little something about yourself? Gear, setup, experience, anything at all...

Okay my shack consists of a ft-891 yaesu transceiver connected to a mfj tuner and ladder line to a vertical. The vertical antenna used to be a dipole. but someone suggested that a vertical might be better so that's what I got. I like CW and single side band. I try to get on at least once a night and see who I can get. I'm active with the 3905 century club and a couple other smaller nets. I felt a couple kits I like to build the pixies with pixie too and I have a few of them if anybody wants I'll give them to you free. I just like building them. It's amazing little rig for two transistors and a chip you have a complete transceiver. although it's very much like those little walkie-talkie toys we used to use when we were kids. I've been a ham for about almost 30 years now boy this time fly. Okay age will be 65 pretty soon. I have a pretty nice electronics lab 2 with a oscilloscope professional power supply and all that so I do a little bit of homebrewing but not a lot of time yet not retired yet so full time work and ham radio hobby takes a backseat.

• Administrator

Hey Joseph, guess what, I have an 891 as well. I have it in my car. I love it.

If you'd like to write a review under mine, you're welcome to... https://hamcommunity.com/collections/item/9-yaesu-ft-891/

Believe it or not, I've been toying with getting a second one for the car, as in two of them in the car. I'll explain my reasoning elsewhere another day.