Welcome K3CPK

HCStaff01

• Administrator

Hey Ham Community, welcome our new member: K3CPK,

On behalf of all members, welcome to Ham Community. We encourage you to browse around and get to know the Community's many sections. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, as with all things HAM, we all love to give advice 😎

For everyone's information, K3CPK joined on the 10/06/19.

Here is K3CPK's profile link: View Member

K3CPK, why not tell us a little something about yourself? Gear, setup, experience, anything at all...

Hello! I had a good discussion about this platform with Jim, K3MRI, yesterday at CARAfest. I look forward to seeing it expand.

I've been a ham since 2013, but I've had electronics as a hobby since middle school in 2006. Most of my ham related projects involve working with Software Defined Radio, mostly using GNU Radio. I've got more SDR hardware than I can keep track of. Everything from the popular RTL-SDR all the way up to the Apache Labs ANAN-200D. My typical GOTA gear includes the ANAN-200D mentioned above with a Hustler 4 band vertical, and a KX2 for portable ops. 

Some projects people might find interesting include a web based Field Day logger, experiments with combining FT8 and SDR, and I am currently doing a lot of work with the Kerberos SDR platform, expanding it into a geographically distributed DF platform.

I also help run Unallocated Space ARC, W3UAS. I hope to create a club page for UAS on this site. 

Corey

• Administrator

Hey Corey, great talking yesterday and THANKS for the links you just provided!!

You're absolutely welcome to create a club space on ham community. Let me know when and I'll help you.

Also, what town is the USARC situated in? Is in in the DC region?

20 hours ago, K3MRI said:

Hey Corey, great talking yesterday and THANKS for the links you just provided!!

You're absolutely welcome to create a club space on ham community. Let me know when and I'll help you.

Also, what town is the USARC situated in? Is in in the DC region?

UAS is located in Severn, MD. We're about a mile south of BWI. The ham club is just a small part of a large hacker/maker community. I'll send you a message in a few days to start to process of creating a page for the club.

• Like | Congratulations 1