Welcome DU1YQ

HCStaff01

• Administrator

Hey Ham Community, welcome our new member: DU1YQ,

On behalf of all members, welcome to Ham Community. We encourage you to browse around and get to know the Community's many sections. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, as with all things HAM, we all love to give advice 😎

For everyone's information, DU1YQ joined on the 09/12/19.

Here is DU1YQ's profile link: View Member

DU1YQ, why not tell us a little something about yourself? Gear, setup, experience, anything at all...

• Administrator

Hi @DU1YQ, a big welcome to our first non-U.S. or Canadian Ham Community member. So happy to have a member from a country with a very respected amateur radio tradition. I hope to come to the Philippines in the next couple of years to better promote the site.

Again, welcome!!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome message! My name is Rom DU1YQ and I’m from Manila, Philippines.  For the past many months, I’ve been looking for an online forum that could best serve the ham community.  Congratulations for coming up with HamCommunity.com, this format is still the best, in my opinion.  Facebook and other social media platforms are only as good as a few hours to a few days, then the content gets lost and can never be seen again. 😉

Anyway, I’m a relatively new ham (4+ years) and I’m glad I discovered this hobby, it’s exciting and can be a lifeline during times of need.  I have an FT-891 for HF, and for VHF/UHF mobile I’m using an Icom ID-4100a, Yaesu FTM-100 & FTM-400.  For HT I have an Icom ID-51a+ and FT-2DR (still waiting for my FT3).  Then a couple of  Alinco DJ-G7 for 1.2GHz.  I’m into C4FM PDNs and I have an OpenSpot2 for the other modes.

I’m a website designer/developer by profession and since I’m always online, for the past months, I’m mostly into the digital side of ham radio - C4FM & D-Star in particular.  

You’re most welcome to visit us here in the Philippines to enjoy our country and to meet fellow hams, or attend some of our events.  Let me know when you're visiting. We have an active and growing ham community here. Here’s our national organisation’s website - www.para.org.ph. 

Anyway, good luck with the group and 73.

Rom DU1YQ / N6RJV