HAM Jokes?

K3MRI

• Administrator

On 9/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, WB4KFO said:

The President Johnson radio.  If you ask me, it's for the birds.  (If you get that one, you are old.)

I'm oooooold then 😭

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Okay, it's a stretch, not exactly HAM, but it is RF...

Original page: https://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2019/09/28

Credit: Pickles by Brian Crane, September 28, 2019

Screenshot 2019-09-28 06.56.22.png

• Like | Congratulations 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • K3MRI featured this topic
  • 5 months later...
  • Elmer

There is a great old one out of QST. A raft is aground on a tiny island. Jeeves, the butler, is the only character you ever see in that cartoon series. Jeeves is sending with a key hunched over a battery powered radio. Out of the little shelter on the raft comes His employer's voice, "Tell them we don't have a QSL manager Jeeves and repeat the QRRR" (Amateur Radio SOS of that time now obsolete).

QRRR was an amateur radio distress signal which is now strictly for land use because it's use at sea violates the International Telecommunications Union convention on distress signals.

• Funny 1

• Administrator

Though not directly ham related, other than we follow the weather intently. Here is one I just borrowed from @W3TDH, from another post:

Walt Starling; who was a traffic reporter in the Washington DC Area years ago; once said as a snow flurry began to fall — "For you new people welcome to the nation's capital were a fella with a bad case of dandruff can lean his head out his car window, scratch his scalp, and create a five mile backup. People here cannot cope with white flakes!" 

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

For anyone who has half an hour to listen to it, enjoy! It's a really nice nostalgic ride. Thanks Bill. When I was a kid I used to listen to WOR on 710 kHz in NYC. As it turns out, so did my wife (Brooklyn girl).

• 2 months later...

My two favorite ham jokes are oldies, but goodies:

QRP'ers never die.  They just QSB.

Most people don't know that George Washington was a ham.  In fact, he was not only a ham, he was a CW operator.  We know this because of the old story about the cherry tree being destroyed.  When his angry father demanded to know who chopped down the tree, George responded, "I didit dadah." 

george and the cherry tree.jpg

• Funny 1

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

6 hours ago, KD3Y said:

I'm Jewish.  We don't tell HAM jokes!

oy-vey  😁

Wait, I'm a vegan with both Jewish and Muslim heritage and I decided to become a ham!? Never thought of that!!!

• Funny 1

• Ionosphere

8 hours ago, K3MRI said:

Wait, I'm a vegan with both Jewish and Muslim heritage and I decided to become a ham!? Never thought of that!!!

Hey don't sweat it Jim.  I was seduced by North Carolina BBQ, so I'm guilty as charged.   And if I didn't like oysters on the halfshell, they'd run me off the Outer Banks.
"I saw temptation coming.  Trouble was, it saw me coming first."

• Funny 1