Last Minute Items

KN4RPA

From MCMO Official:  "Forecasts for MCM weekend events predict warmer than average temperatures.  Those traveling for the event should plan to include clothing option which suit potentially warm and sunny conditions.  Please prioritize hydration and listen for weather updates from the Marine Corps Marathon Organization."

Please download the Marine Corps Marathon App from the Apple or Google Play store for updates like this directly from the MCMO.  There is a "ton" of information available in the app.

• Agree | Support 1
  • Like | Congratulations 2

Just finished up the Commanders Brief.  We are all go for this year's Marine Corps Marathon.  A few take aways from the briefings.

Expect normal than warmer temperatures at this year's race. Make sure you bring plenty of water for yourself. Also expect a higher than usual number of heat related issues with runners. Volunteers are not exempt from heat related issues, so please watch out for yourself and those around you.

The Staff Sergeant discussed the four A's, Accountability, Attitude, Appearance and Alertness. While he was talking directly to the Marines and attendance, those four A's apply to us also. Make sure we are accountable for all of our gear and for those around us. Make sure we have the proper attitude and treat everybody with kindness and respect. Make sure our appearance is professional. Finally, be alert to your surroundings. If you see something, say something.

Edited by KN4RPA
Correcting voice typing errors

• Administrator

Reminder to think about the After Action Report during your deployment.

This is the link to the form. It will be active between this Sunday at 10AM and Saturday night at 2023-11-04 23:59 - it closes automatically then.

The link: https://hamvolunteers.com/mcm2023aar

• Agree | Support 1

A couple of more items:

Any issues contact me directly.  Please don't put in a ticket through Ham Community.  It just slows down the process.  Message me directly though Ham Community, email me at kn4rpa@arrl.net, or call/text the ROC phone number 520-462-6426.  As of 1200 Saturday please just use the ROC phone number.

Check-in opens at 0200 Sunday morning and closes promptly at 0500.  Please do not ask for a different size shirt that what you requested in your Marine Corp Marathon sign-up.  Those were the sized packed by the MCMO.  Taking a different size will take someone else's shirt.

Please make sure you turn in your vest to the amateur radio operator in the sweep convoy.  If you miss the amateur radio operator you second choice is to turn your vest into an aid station.  You third and final choice is to mail you vest back to the Marine Corps Marathon Office at: 

MARINE CORPS MARATHON

3399 RUSSELL RD

QUANTICO VA 22134-5135

I know last year was a mess with the vests but the MCMO got less than 30% of the vests back.  If you miss the sweep vehicle, and don't turn it into an aid station, please make sure you send it back to the MCMO.

Current weather forecast has it in the upper 60's when we start to arrive.  There is a slight chance of rain and a drop in temperature to the low to mid 60's at the start of the race. By noon temperatures will approach the low 70's and continue to climb to the mid 70's through the end of the race.

As of this point any changes in assignments will not be reflected on Ham Community.  We are now in tactical mode.  I'm managing everything with local spreadsheets.  Changes will be handled directly with individuals affected by the change.

• Like | Congratulations 1

A correction to the directions for the Check-In lot from I-395N in the Operating Guide.  There were some extra steps that are not necessary. Once you come off I-395N you will be able to make a right turn onto Army Navy Dr and then a right turn into the Check-In parking lot.  None of the extra directions are necessary any more.  Thanks to KN4SYO for pointing this out.

Everyone should have gotten their email this morning.  I once again wanted to personally thank everyone who volunteered to help with this year's Marine Corps Marathon.  Without your help we couldn't have done it.  I look forward to working with all of you again next year.

Please remember to submit you After Action Reports by this Saturday, November 4th, at 2359 EST at https://hamvolunteers.com/mcm2023aar.  Your AAR are critical to us and the MCM Office to make things better and to know what went well.

Once again, THANK YOU!

73's,

Scott - KN4RPA

• Like | Congratulations 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ham Mega Pad (XXXL)

Ham Word Cloud Pad (XL)

Ham Codes, Signs, Words (Medium)

Ham Band Edges mousepad (Small)

Ham Alliance

Ham Alliance - Billboard - 970*250px