ICOM IC-705 on the horizon?

K3MRI

• Administrator

So, here we go, ICOM is about to challenge both the Yaesu 891 and the 991A? I wonder if this might have something to do with 9700 sales. I'm not sure if they're selling well or not, but I have not yet met anyone who has bought one. So here we go...

Here is the first article I've read on the prototype: https://www.dxzone.com/icom-ic-705-new-product/

Thoughts?

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, this is designed for portable operations and only has a 10 watt output.

I've checked the major vendors and they have "reservation" for the unit, but no pricing.

If it's affordable and available, it might be a great Field Day kit.  I definitely will be looking at the reviews that I can find.

• Administrator

38 minutes ago, KF4IOC said:

Apparently, this is designed for portable operations and only has a 10 watt output.

I've checked the major vendors and they have "reservation" for the unit, but no pricing.

If it's affordable and available, it might be a great Field Day kit.  I definitely will be looking at the reviews that I can find.

It's a weird hybrid. On the one hand it's all band, but 10w? I'm looking forward to having one in hand. It may very well turn out to be a really nice replacement for the 818. To be continued ☺️