Resistance 1942

• Administrator

On 7/24/2023 at 10:26 PM, WA2WMR said:

Just watched the movie Resistance 1942  on Showtime about a group of people in hiding during WW2 and one of them operates a clandestine radio station. 

I don't have showtime. I will look around to see if I find it elsewhere.

11 hours ago, KD3Y said:

I just watched Hogans Heroes.  I want me one of them radios hidden inside a coffee pot.   🤪

I love hogan's heroes. I recently binged the entire series!

• Administrator

On 7/24/2023 at 10:26 PM, WA2WMR said:

Just watched the movie Resistance 1942  on Showtime about a group of people in hiding during WW2 and one of them operates a clandestine radio station. 

Just searched and, indeed, Resistance: 1942 is only available on Showtime. It's a very recent movie and actually looks great. I've put an alert for when it shows up on one of the services I use.

• Elmer

On 7/26/2023 at 6:08 AM, K3MRI said:

I love hogan's heroes. I recently binged the entire series!

The best part for me was that in every episode John Banner, as Sargent Schultz, would say "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing" or some variation thereof. In later episodes he would sometimes add "I was not even here!"

Tom Horne W3TDH

• Funny 1

• Administrator

18 minutes ago, W3TDH said:

The best part for me was that in every episode John Banner, as Sargent Schultz, would say "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing" or some variation thereof. In later episodes he would sometimes add "I was not even here!"

Tom Horne W3TDH

You know who loved Hogan's Heroes??? Obviously me, but also my dad... a POW 😳

• Ionosphere

8 hours ago, W3TDH said:

Tom Horne W3TDH

That's exactly why it was removed from Armed Forces Network TV in the late 80's when I was in Germany.
AFN was the only English TV station in Germany, intended for American forces stationed in Europe.
The German govt complained that it made Germans look like idiots, so they stopped airing it.

• Administrator

Did you know that Klink aka Werner Klemperer was, in real life, a gifted musician and his brother, I Otto Klemperer was a well known conductor!

Full disclosure, my favorite character oscillates depending on the year. I am currently in a Carter mood 😲

The only one I never really liked was Newkirk; nope, not my guy.

But yeah, John Banner was the show; without him...

• Administrator

All right... first of all, Otto was not his brother but his father!!! 😳 Also, Werner, though born in Germany, was actually American and SERVED in the U.S. Army in WWII! Wow, I never knew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Klemperer