My first HF QSO!

KC3LUM

• Moderators

Last weekend I made my first HF contacts on the #CherryTreeNet @ 3.920Mhz I had so much fun! Thank you to @K3MRI for letting me operate on his mobile deploy rig, and thank you so much to @K4RT and @wb4kfo for sending my these nice post cards! It looks like I am going to need to order my own custom cards to send back. I realize this is a normal custom for HAMs to send these cards, but being a new HAM I somehow never expected to be lucky enough to get one! 

My Lovely wife, "Babe, you got fan mail from your radio people!"

IMG_3058.jpeg

• Funny 1

• Administrators
ELMER

Awwwwwww. Some spouses would say: "What, not only are you taking up precious space with your stupid radios, now you're going to collect postcards as well???"

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
ELMER

My only regret in life is not having a photograph of my dad's QSL card wall!! I'm serious when I say that there were about four layers superimposed. Apparently, long before I was born it was a neat array of cards but as they kept coming in, he just piled them on. His concession to my mother: never show the wall to guests... as you can imagine, every single guest that ever came in the house got to see the wall 😂