Welcome VE6RWP

HCStaff01

• Administrator

Hey Ham Community, welcome our new member: VE6RWP,

On behalf of all members, welcome to Ham Community. We encourage you to browse around and get to know the Community's many sections. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, as with all things HAM, we all love to give advice 😎

For everyone's information, VE6RWP joined on the 08/16/19.

Here is VE6RWP's profile link: View Member

VE6RWP, why not tell us a little something about yourself? Gear, setup, experience, anything at all...

Hey all, thanks for the welcome. I passed my basic with Honours in May of 2017 and my Advanced in December of the same year. I have also completed ICS-100, 200 and the RAC CEC Designation. I am currently interested in EmComm and helping the new EC for the Edmonton Area reboot ARES as an AEC.  My first purchase was a used Yaseu FT1900R 2M rig and a 5/8 magmount antenna. Since then I have aquired an ICOM ID-31A  and an IC-28H.  Nothing special, saving pennies to be able to afford an HF rig.

• Administrator

Hey Ron, an absolute welcome to our young community. As I told you in my email, we have high hopes, though we are for now so so tiny ☺️

Too bad I didn't know of you when I rode through Edmonton last year, and two years before that. Both times were on my way to operate in the Yukon and NWT. Ah yes, the Dempster!! My home away from home.

And yes, let's get you onto HF!! You don't want to miss the solar cycle (even though they say it'll be the worst one in 200 years 😠)