Too many emails?

K3MRI

Ham Community notification emails  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings regarding Ham Community notification emails, the ones that tell you about new content or new replies?

• Way too many notification emails
    • Somewhat fewer would be better
    • Just about right
    • Perfect
    • I prefer receiving notifications very often
  2. 2. Notification control

• I know how to adjust my notification settings on Ham Community
    • I do not know how to adjust my notification settings

Question

• Administrator

I have not received many complaints about notification emails from Ham Community to members. This said, full disclosure, I have had two, this from loyal members, and so I just want to know what people think. I’d like to know if you feel that Ham Community is sending too many notification emails. Be frank, but if possible, polite because I do not send them out intentionally or maliciously. The application we use for Ham Community is powerful but really does put the burden of notifications control in the users’ hands. You can control more than I can as the Admin. It’s done on purpose to give you more control but this means that some of you who might not drill down into the application may not see how to best control them. FYI, if you go to your account here: https://hamcommunity.com/notifications/options/ you will see many controls.

1 answer to this question

• Administrator

Note to all. Previously, when you registered on Ham Community, your notifications would ‘include’ a variety of actions/activities on the Community. For instance, previously, you would be notified if there was a new image posted in a Ham Community Gallery, and more. We have changed this to a minimum. Now, if we’ve adjusted our settings properly, you will only be automatically notified of postings by New Members, so that you can join us in welcoming them, and of new Calendar entries in case they are time-sensitive. Otherwise, if we’ve adjusted the settings accurately, you will have to go into your notifications here https://hamcommunity.com/notifications/options/ and voluntarily set your notifications.

If there is an issue with the way we’ve made the adjustments, please let us know. We really are trying to strike the right balance between being kept informed and useless information bombardments.