Time zones clock

KD3Y

• Ionosphere

I'd knew I'd been hoarding those cigar boxes Bill gives me at the tobacco shop for some good reason.

Yesterdays project was a dual-time zone clock.  I'm still trying to decide if I like the 70's retro look or if I'll throw it away and start over with something more "steampunky" looking.

Time0.jpg

Time1.jpg

• Administrator

I am really going to have to consider banning you from Ham Community until you show us at least one project that is not amazing. 😇

Two things.

One, what are the buttons for on top? I assume they are + and - for the time?

As for the look, I'm torn. I love the steampunk look a lot, but I think the fact that the bevel is gold colored makes me prefer the more retro look you have there; I think 🤨

• Ionosphere

6 hours ago, K3MRI said:

I am really going to have to consider banning you from Ham Community until you show us at least one project that is not amazing.

As for the look, I'm torn. I love the steampunk look a lot, but I think the fact that the bevel is gold colored makes me prefer the more retro look you have there; I think 🤨

🙂

Thats the brass hinges that were on the cigar box, Jim.  I basically took the red cigar box and cut it in half on the table saw.  I'll leave it for a while and see how it grows on me.  LOL

Edited by KD3Y

• 4 weeks later...
  • Ionosphere

On 12/5/2022 at 10:06 AM, K3MRI said:

I am really going to have to consider banning you from Ham Community until you show us at least one project that is not amazing. 😇

Two things.

I got the urge to do some modifications, Jim.  Added a QSO card holder and a USB charging station.    Going to have some little brass plates made for the "East Coast" time and "Greenwich Time" at the trophy shop.  What you think?

NewClock0.png.97987658b814422a9cb1f7f75ef7b81f.png

NewClock1.png.13553af2ca065d9ae9a07b039e5dfe71.png

NewClock2.png.e1e81a13468c36d9f82fb3fc8dd1399b.png

• Administrator

You’re killing me. Gorgeous. One minor mod… any chance of making the cover of the USB chargers either brown or black. I find the white clashes. Otherwise, insane!!! Truly inspiring work.

• Ionosphere

I preferred black.  Lowes only has white.    But yeah black would be better.   I'll keep a check and see if they get some in.  Maybe its a "supply chain issue" as they like to say nowadays.

• Like | Congratulations 1

• Administrator

Congrats Anthony. A truly lovely piece. I know this, anyone who walks into that room will notice it and compliment you both for the artistry and the workmanship. And because I have not done so yet, I wish you and yours a healthy and peaceful 2023.