FD QSL Cards

WA2WMR

Message added by K3MRI,

Anyone reading this thread, we'd love it if you uploaded some QSL cards you might have received recently. Or, of course, your own...

I sent out about 30 QSL cards to 1D stations that I contacted during Field Day operations. Now I am starting to get returns. It's not that I need them for some kind of award. Awards don't really interest me (well, perhaps a 20+ WPM code proficiency certificate would be nice). And surely a northern VA contact is not some super rare contact that would be in high demand. But receiving a QSL is kinda like receiving a gift at Christmas - especially if it comes in an envelope. 

• Administrator

ELMER

I miss QSL cards. My dad had thousands. And like an idiot, I didn’t keep them. IDIOT. 😩 I think that when Maria retires and we hit the road in the RV, I am going to get back into QSL cards very seriously. Note also, that IMHO, nothing beats a stamped, printed, handwritten QSL card. Not casting any shadow on those who prefer or enjoy an electronic QSL bureau, but - call me traditional - a QSL card is a QSL card 😎

• Administrator

ELMER

Hey Lind, can you upload a couple of the cards you've received most recently? I'd be curious to see what people are doing nowadays. Anyone else reading this thread, feel free to upload some recent QSLs...

I'll work on it this weekend.

I miss QSL cards. My dad had thousands. And like an idiot, I didn’t keep them. IDIOT. 😩 I think that when Maria retires and we hit the road in the RV, I am going to get back into QSL cards very seriously. Note also, that IMHO, nothing beats a stamped, printed, handwritten QSL card. Not casting any shadow on those who prefer or enjoy an electronic QSL bureau, but - call me traditional - a QSL card is a QSL card 😎

"Stamped"? You mean like a post card with the artwork being put on with a rubber stamp rather than a printed card? I got one like that when I was first licensed back in the early '60s. I still remember it was from K2ETI

You could have sold them to Cracker Barrel restaurants; they decorate with that old stuff and I have seen QSL cards there. I've seen them elsewhere too, but don't remember where. 

• Administrator

ELMER

Sorry, my bad, by 'stamped' I meant 'postmarked' as in USPS stamps. But the rubber tamped ones were very cool. Again, dad had a stamp. I think I might still have it up North. Next time I go, I'll check. But yes, a good ole' postcard is a nice thing to receive. In fact, honestly, I don't remember the last time I received personal postal mail other than a birthday or Christmas card. I'm just as guilty though. Can't remember the last time I sent one.

As far as uploading, I might as well go first. This is not a true QSL card, inasmuch as it's from "Ham Community" but I've sent these out along with my K3MRI card (old one, have to make a new one).

HC QSL Cards-01.png