HRI 200 upgrade failed

AC3EO

Hello,

I am trying to update my hri 200 and i keep getting an error.  The error say to check the power cables.  I followed the manual for the installation.  For what ever reason i cant get it to work.  i opened the cover and moved the switch to program mode.  I plug it in and the error pops up.  I am starting to think i may have bricked my hri 200.  Anyone have any advice?

• Administrator

Hi David. I'm not directly familiar with the HRI 200, but a friend of mine (who I am trying to reach) is. I do know that he has had many problems with the machine, notably with wires-x. No promises, I've sent him an email (suggesting he also join the forum). The only problem with him is that he lives - sort of - off the grid in Northern Canada and this is hunting season for him so he might be out on the land for up to a month at a time. Will revert if I do hear back from him. Meanwhile, though we are still a small crew on Ham Community, maybe someone else knows...

• Administrator

@AC3EO... first answer I got was unsatisfactory. Indeed, if you were upgrading your firmware and now it's asking for power, then that means that the power was interrupted during the previous firmware attempt. I've reached out to Yaesu to see if they have thoughts. They'll probably ask, and I should have asked first, but do you remember which firmware you were upgrading from and to?

I am not sure the update even started.  I tried to update with version 1.01.   I am not sure I even needed to mess with it now that I look back at this.  I think I need to play with the com ports some more to make sure the right com port is being used.