The Original A Christmas Story by the Ham Who Wrote It (K2ORS)

• Administrator

I will absolutely without shame admit that I have never seen A Christmas Story. I know of it and almost watched it a couple of Christmases ago but alas, I did not. Ok, on my list. I'll revisit this thread with more meaningful input next January 🎄

• Agree | Support 1

Why wait. I believe it's on YouTube. Or you could watch/listen to a bunch of Jean Shepherd clips on YouTube (Including A Christmas Story) and you'll know where the various part come from. For example, the leg lamp and comes from a bit called The Phantom of the Open Hearth. (Apparently hearth refers to a blast furnace in a steel mill).

• Administrator

Excuuuuuse me? You would ask me to watch a Christmas movie in summer? Hast thou no shame Sir Lind? Best beware, I fear an angry group of carolers may show up at your doorstep upset at your belittling of their celebratory calendar. Beware indeed!

• Funny 1

Once you get into Jean Shepherd-you will get hooked!  Jean Shepherd's Radio technique sounds exactly like the old AM operators,  a guy sitting there talking in a microphone to another guy.  I have several of Shep's books.

Jean does the narration in "A Christmas Story" and he has bit part as the guy who says "Hey Kid.  The line is back here."

There are some other movies Shep wrote for PBS.  This one is a favorite of mine.

• Thanks 1