Experience with WFVIEW remote software for the IC-7300

WA8AHZ

• Club Leadership

Has anybody experimented w/ the wfview software package for remote controlling IC-7300 ( and other modern  IC radios?  I’m curious if you got the split port working to support Log4OM, WST-x and GridTracker?  

If so, can we share notes. 

Mike

WA8AHZ

The free/open source software package can be downloaded at: https://wfview.org/

The app supports Windows, MacOS and Linux. 

As a stand alone app it works as a panadaptor, but it can do much much more..... see: https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/   

A good YT clip is at:

• Administrator

I’m of no use to this conversation because I’ve sold my ICOMs, but the application does look promising, and it’s open source!!

I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I have a question for you Mike. Is the output, including the waterfall, in full HD resolution (1080) or not? I looked on their site and could not find the answer. That would be a game changer considering the lower resolution of the output on, for example, the 7610.

**Edit**

Just looked at parts of the video you posted. Sure looks full HD. And to boot, it seems super responsive.

• Club Leadership

Thanks Jim, and I'll go plug it into my TV set and see what happens  ... I have to split the port to allow it to run parallel to my logging program (LOG4OM) and I haven't seen a YT vid on that particular aspect, nor have I joined the groups/io to catch the thread.  I'm assuming if I split my serial port, if I want to return to a single port that is easy to do..... 

Thanks for the reply.  I hope more in the Ham Community will share their expriences/expertise.

Mike WA8AHZ