If you have in-depth amateur radio knowledge, we hope that you will join this volunteer program and help others to attain greater skills.
|Content count||Reputation points/likes||Number of days as member||Minimum age||User groups|
|No restriction||No restriction||No restriction||No restriction||Administrator, BOTW, Club Leadership, Contributing Editor, DMV ARRL Leadership, Ham Surplus Seller, HC Event Attendee, Ionosphere Member, Link owner, Member, Moderator, Organizers, Tournamentian, Volunteers, YL|
Ham Elmers and Ham Community hope to become centers of excellence in amateur radio, a place that all Hams associate with reliable knowledge, great insight, a desire to innovate, and the courage to push boundaries. To do so we need people who want to learn, and people who have the knowledge and desire to teach or share.
To become a Ham Community Elmer requires applicants to meet certain conditions. We would like to know you and know what you know and whether you are willing to actively share. Being a ham Elmer or ham Expert is not about knowing more than the others, it's about wanting to share all that one knows with those who could use a helping hand.
If you are willing to help others, at the very least by simply by answering their questions, by giving them good advice, by sharing your own experiences, and who knows, maybe you're willing to go that extra meter and give talks, produce tutorials or otherwise be a part of something bigger, then join us.
For now, what we ask is that all those who want to join The Elmers' Circle, meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have published a peer-reviewed article in Ham Journal
- Have published a high-quality feature article in QST, CQ, QEX or other publication that the board may, at their discretion, deem acceptable
- Have successfully completed the Elmer Qualification Quizzes
- Or, possess a recognized body of work and accomplishments in the greater field of amateur radio
Just one of these suffice.
To know more about The Elmers' Circle, you may visit the Circle's club page here.
Required skills (web positions)
- Content count No restriction
- Reputation points/likes No restriction
- Number of days as member No restriction
- Minimum age No restriction
- User groups Administrator, BOTW, Club Leadership, Contributing Editor, DMV ARRL Leadership, Ham Surplus Seller, HC Event Attendee, Ionosphere Member, Link owner, Member, Moderator, Organizers, Tournamentian, Volunteers, YL