RM ITALY HLA305 HF Linear Amplifiers offer a tremendous solid-state boost for QRP operations or a nice power increase for other rigs with typical output levels. These amplifiers will supply a nominal 200 watts continuous output on all HF bands with only 10 watts of drive. Each of their four MRF455 power transistors is designed to deliver up to 60W RF output at frequencies up to 30MHz.
Low power mode, activated by a front panel switch, inserts an internal 3dB RF attenuator, effectively reducing the input power by half.
Available in two models, the only difference between them is that the HLA 305 V includes a pair of cooling fans while the HLA 305 does not have fans.
* Frequency range: 1.8 - 30 MHz, including WARC (excludes 11m**, 60m)
* Manual or Automatic band switching
* Modes: AM FM SSB CW RTTY Digital (manual switch for SSB mode)
* RF Drive: 10 W typ. (at 15W, input protection occurs)
* Maximum output power: Low, 200W CW, typical
* Maximum output power: Hi, 250W CW, typical
* LCD information screen
* Power gain: 13.5 dB plus/minus 1dB
* Input voltage: 13 VDC plus/minus 2V
* DC Current: 45A maximum (optional external power supply required)
* Input impedance: 50 ohm (unbalanced) UHF Female, SO-239
* Output impedance: 50 ohm (unbalanced) UHF Female, SO-239
* Final transistors: Motorola MRF455 x 4
* Circuit Configuration: Class AB push-pull
* Dimensions: 240 x 67 x 450mm, (9.4 x 2.6 x 17.7 in.) (HLA 305 V)
* Weight: approximately 4kg (8.8 lbs.)
**NOTE: These FCC Type Certified RM Italy HF amplifiers WILL NOT function on 27 MHz (11m). Any attempt to modify these products for 27 MHz use voids the warranty.
Note: For additional information, please look at the files under the "Documentation" tab.
These amplifiers are ideally suited for those who own a multiband, multimode QRP HF transceiver. The low drive requirement of these amplifiers will transform your QRP rig into a powerhouse! Order RM ITALY HF Linear Amplifiers and enjoy base, mobile or portable fun! Available in the USA from DX Engineering.