Licensing exams will be offered at Winterfest 2020!
When: Sunday, March 29, 2020 — the same date as Winterfest. Exams will start at 11:00 a.m. Applicants must complete their exams by 12:30 p.m.
Where: The exams will be offered in the CN Building rooms 219 and 231 at the Winterfest site — Northern Virginia Community College, 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003. (See map below)
Cost: The exam fee is $15. This fee covers a single attempt at all three exam elements. (If a candidate fails an element and wishes to re-test, another fee is required). Parking is free in the “B” lot at Winterfest events. While we hope you will attend Winterfest2020!, there is no obligation to do so or to pay the Winterfest admission fee.
What to bring with you:
- A print out with your FCC issued FCC Registration Number (FRN) and bring it with you. We will not accept Social Security Numbers. If you need to retrieve your FRN or to apply for an FRN, visit the FCC Universal Licensing System web site.
- A government issued photo ID. Young people without a government issued ID may bring a school photo ID or a birth certificate if accompanied by a parent with ID.
- The original AND a photo copy of your current license or any earlier license for which you wish to claim exam credit if applicable. The photo copy will not be returned.
- Two number 2 pencils with erasers and a pen
- A calculator with memories and formulas erased if desired. You may NOT use the calculator function of your cell phone during exams. Do NOT bring books, notes, or other written materials.
- Cash or check for the exam fee.
For more information: Contact Howard at email@example.com
IF YOU PLAN ON TAKING AN EXAM AND ARE NOT YET A HAM COMMUNITY MEMBER:
- REGISTER AN ACCOUNT ON HAM COMMUNITY HERE: https://hamcommunity.com/register/
- THEN COME BACK AND RSVP ON THIS PAGE
Walk-ins are accepted but we encourage you to reserve your spot.